Sunday 31 May 2009

Sunday Night Book Group

It is Sunday night and I am off to book group
Don’t get in my way
I need to be there come what may

I am off to book group
I don’t care if the kids are sick
I don’t care if I’ve got work to do

I am off to book group...with half the book read
The kitchen is a mess
The laundry is piled high
The phone calls aren't return

But I don’t care
Book group is for me
Book group is my free therapy

I’ll drink my glass of wine and chat with my girlfriends about:
kids, husbands, in laws, work, politics, art shows, theater, movies, old boyfriends, poetry, weight loss, weight gain, restaurants, schools, memories, old letters, aging parents, childbirth, menopause, thoughts, observations, religion, morals, ethics, cultural taboos.

And on occasion...the book.

It is Sunday night and I am here at book group
Reading to my friends whom I love and treasure
Like my favorite books.

No comments:

Post a Comment