Thursday 30 July 2009

Major League Freak Out

What are we doing? We can’t possibly leave in 2 weeks.

We have yet to open up a big map. Sure sure, we have a GPS’s and a book of maps but we need a big huge map of the US to lay out on the floor and get aquainted with. Yesterday Josh asked where Cincinnati was. He thought it was in the American south. How can we possibly be ready to go if Josh doesn't know where Cincinnati is?

We need to touch the map. Walk around it. Put pins in it. Plan more than we have. Hell, we haven’t planned at all…well, maybe a little.

We have not completed the curriculum for the kids schooling. Let alone register properly with the State of Vermont so They (the government?) can register our boys on their records as home schoolers.

We have to get ourselves registered as Vermont Residents, voters, and get our driver’s licenses.

Neither the car nor the RV is registered. Where are we going to park the car for the year?

Evan and I still don’t have doctors.

The container arrives from London on Tuesday in Framingham, MA. I think I might drive the Big Pig to Framingham to get use to it. I want to drive it by myself so no one will hear me swear.

Plus there are 10 boxes of stuff for the RV we packed up in London in the container that we will need to transport. What is in those boxes? Winter clothes. Kitchen stuff. Bedding. Bicycles.

We need to completely outfit the Big Pig. Organize our stuff and make sure it all fits.

We need to make the beds.

Silverware. We don't have any silverware.

I don’t know what half the buttons are for in the Big Pig.

A name. We need a name for the Big Pig. While I kind of like Big Pig – it has a sort of negative feel. A proper name. A friend recommended Petunia. I like it. Again a pig kind of name. Then there is Wilbur of Charlotte’s Web fame. But with Swine Flu - perhaps not sensative to the times.

Is the RV a male of female? How can we live in an RV if we don’t even know if it is a boy or a girl? Simon said the RV talked to him and his name is Chuck.

Simon said only people under the age of 20 can hear the RV talk.

My son talks to RV's.

Is this RV trip supposed to be fun? Is this the scared part of the “excited and scared” combination that I use to say I was always looking for? But that was before I had kids and aging parents. I feel very irresponsible.

Am I having a conversation with myself on a blog? Am I nuts? How can an insane person be given the responsibility to drive an RV? Maybe I need to talk to Simon and see how the RV feels about having me drive it.

We can’t leave in 2 weeks. Who are we kidding?

But maybe in 3 weeks.

Whew. That makes me feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment