Tuesday 29 September 2009

Does My Butt Look Big In This RV?

In July 2007 a study was written up in the New England Journal of Medicine using data from the Framingham Heart Study that one of the most prevalent reasons people are obese is not due to lack of physical activity, nor genetics. nor education.

It’s all about your peer group. (* Nickolas Christakis and James Fowler)

If your girlfriends are packing on an extra 40 pounds – chances are you are in the dressing room next to them at the Pretty and Plump looking at size 24’s.

However, if your best buddies are chowing down on carrot sticks – chances are you are sharing the bag with them while you take your daily walk.

So what do I see as I look around at my fellow RV’ers in the Walmart parking lot last night in Rapid City? Or the KOA here in Interior, South Dakota (population 76)?

This past week three separate friends emailed the latest photos montage making the rounds called “The People of Walmart” Are these are My People? My peer group?

While the cross dresser in his 4 inch high yellow go-go boots looked quite thin, and the guy in cowboy boots and pink velour work out pants was doing pretty good, the women were a mess. Rolls. I am talking rolls on top of rolls. I am talking stretched out stretch pants.

If I am to believe this study, expandable waistline polyester slacks are in my future.

But I know these folks we are randomly parked next to for the night are not my peer group but just in case I am taking control!

No fun size bags of Reece’s Peanut Butter Cups for the RV. Bunny Luv Carrots and water rule!

Roll over. Roll on.

No comments:

Post a Comment